Silver Beaver Nominations
- Identify Nominee(s).
- The nominee must be registered volunteer with the MVC.
- Youth Protection Training (YPT) must be current at the time of the award.
- Average nominee tenure is 10 YEARS or longer according to: http://www.scoutingbsa.org/programs/BoyScouts/index.html
- Look for nominees who have been active. For example:
- “Jane Smith has always been helpful with the units and coordinating Scout events.”
- “Cub Master John Smith has been a dedicated CM for 10 years and has helped new CMs learn and grow.”
- John Doe has been a leader in a District that has continually met its membership, advancement, and financial goals.
- Read Instructions carefully on the nominations form: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/92-103.pdf
- Past nominees(s) must be re-nominated to be considered again.
- Start early as the deadline for submission is Sunday, December 3, 2023.
- After December 3, 2023, additional information will not be accepted unless requested by the committee chair.
- Plan to address all three areas in the nomination.
- Record of SERVICE in the BSA.
- Standing in the Community exclusive of Scouting.
- Noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth.
- (Feel free to attach extra pages to provide all relevant information).
- Submittals are to be sent or delivered (USPS, UPS, FedEx or Email) to:
Silver Beaver Award Chair
Muskingum Valley Council, BSA
584 Grand Ridge Dr.
Howard, OH 43028
PDF Electronic Submittals can be submitted via Email to:
Where to obtain information
- Write-ups from previous awards
- Nominee’s family for Scouting involvement and outside of Scouting involvement
- Employer, past employer and co-workers
- Church, Synagogue, Mosque, etc.
- Personal knowledge of the nominee.
What to Include if possible:
- Positions held including period of service and Unit and/or District or Council.
- Significant training completed.
- Previous awards and recognitions.
- Leadership roles in Scouting events/activities.
- Comments on significant contributions to Scouting and their Community.
- Cover letters or letters of recommendation are not required but will be read by the Silver Beaver Committee members to assist in their decisions.
- A photograph of the nominee is recommended to assist the committee in recognition.
- One PDF file is appreciated for the nominations documents.
- An email or text receipt will be sent to the person submitting the nomination within 48 hours.
- The nomination will be date stamped to mark receipt.
- Nominations are placed in file folder for review by committee members.
- Nominations will be summarized.
- The nominations Committee will meet and review the nominations.
- Recommendations will be sent to MVC Key 3.
- Re-read the instruction, and the rules and regulations.
- Cover all areas of the nomination.
- Be Concise.
- Add extra pages if necessary to include all relevant information.
- Contact Frank O’Hare with questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: 614-506-1068.
- Start early and submit by the deadline of December 3, 2023.
- Nominations are confidential and retained by the Silver Beaver Committee.
- Nominee should not be notified of their nomination.